Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Roosevelt Hunter Leaves a Legacy.mp4

Today, I come not discussing the storms of life, but peace on the other side. I’m not highlighting the difficulties of being a single parent or a widow, but remembering sixteen years of loyalty and friendship. I’m not even concentrating on the tragic fragments left behind, but on the promise of what lies ahead!

Trinity and Israel are full of life and understand God has allowed us to continue on with purpose. They are currently writing a book on their personal experiences. Trinity’s goal is to speak Spanish and travel with mommy in ministry. Israel is keenly aware that he is a part of a wonderful legacy. He wants to rescue every damsel in distress, destroy any enemy on his path, and be a superhero just like his dad. They are moving forward as they experience new adventures which lie ahead.

Isa 43:18-19

"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new. It's bursting out! Don't you see it? There it is! I'm making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands. (THE MESSAGE)

God has already done something NEW. I can see it. Apostle Paul said one thing: Forgetting those things which are behind; press forward to those things which are ahead. (Phil 3:13)

The Holy Spirit gave me three things to be proactive and make room for the NEW thing he’s done:

First, PREPARE by enthusiastically expecting from God; secondly, SEPARATE by giving and letting go of old things that clutter my life; and finally EMBRACE the new changes, the new ideas, and the new lifestyle.

As I reflect on the life of a legend, Roosevelt Hunter; I am able to see my future better because of him. God has not finished writing the story; there are new chapters yet to come.

I will need your prayers, as I continue to travel and minister to others. I am getting ready to do my first international trip to Malawi, Africa; a wonderful place where Roosevelt poured his compassion. The Lord has now given me the privilege to minister as well. The road ahead is unknown, I am holding tightly to our Savior’s hand as he navigates me into his new plan.

Love,

Your sister and friend,

Eileen

www.eileenhunter.org

1 comment:

  1. My dear sister Eileen,

    I Thank God that the Good Lord placed you in my life,you are such an inspiration for me; as a woman of God, a mentor, a friend and a sister. I thank God that you have Him in yours everyday.
    I love you and your family and always am encouraged to see and watch where God takes you in this walk of life.

    Always Praying, Always loving you
    your sister,

    Licette

    ReplyDelete